Pre-purchase Geotechnical Inspections, various sites throughout Nelson, Richmond, Motueka, Golden Bay and Marlborough
Desktop, reconnaisance mapping and limited subsurface investigation of site development options within active Karst (limestone sinkhole) terrain. Undertaken in association with project engineer Richard Walker.
Lifestyle Subdivisions, Todds Valley, Wakapuaka, Rayners Road, NORTH NELSON (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
Geotechnical investigations from preliminary feasibility assessment stage through to building site certification were completed for 3 large (40+ ha) lifestyle subdivisions in rural areas of northeast Nelson. Slope stability issues were identified early to assist in setout of appropriately staged site developments and roading.
Nelson Water Treatment Plant Site and Pipeline, NELSON, Fulton Hogan Montgomery Watson JV (2001)
Preliminary engineering geologic reconnaissance mapping and assessment of geotechnical constraints for plant site facilities and 6.5 km of pipeline route options traversing every major geologic unit in Nelson, unstable slopes, faulting and active landsliding.
Other Geotechnical Services
• Geohazard assessments:
– Landsliding and other slope instability
– Weak soils
• Geotechnical Feasibility and Risk Assessments
• Development of remedial engineering options
• Building site identification and Certification
– Throughout the Nelson region, including difficult sites on the West Coast and in the Marlborough Sounds
• Specialist knowledge of Section 72 of the Building Act (Building on land subject to landsliding, inundation, subsidence, etc)
• Extensive experience with the Tahunanui Slump in Nelson, New Zealand (see also publications page)
• Subdivision and land development
• Reporting prepared to Nelson City Council (NCC), Tasman District Council (TDC) and Marlborough District Council (MDC) format specifications
• Pre-purchase geotechnical property / house inspections
Regularly for new-to-the-area, out-of-area and overseas clients (i.e. USA, Singapore, Germany, Saudi Arabia via email)
• Geotechnical services supporting:
– Local, Regional and other Government Authorities
• Environmental Geology
• Field testing
• Logging of drill core, digger test pits and soil samples
• Fossil, rock and mineral identification
• Geological mapping
• Reconnaissance engineering geologic mapping
• Expert witness
While you can see we specialize in the provision of a wide range of geotechnical services our policy is that if we are not able to provide a particular service we will make an effort to put you in touch with someone who can.